NJPhA’s New Practitioner Network (NPN) welcomes all pharmacists who have graduated in the past 7 years and who are currently licensed in the state of New Jersey. NPN’s mission is to uphold the legacy and traditions of pharmacy while empowering New Jersey pharmacists to advocate for the future of pharmacy and advance patient care both statewide and on a national level.
What is in it for me?
We are so glad you asked. NJPhA’s NPN offers new practitioners with many opportunities for professional development, education, advocacy and social networking. Benefits include:
- Participating in NPN’s mentorship program that pairs new practitioners with currently practicing pharmacists
- Acting as a mentor to a current pharmacy student in attendance at a local university
- Joining one of many NJPhA committees
- Authoring articles or serving as a Peer Reviewer for the NJ Journal of Pharmacy
- Enjoying member discounts at all of NJPhA’s continuing education programs including March Madness
- Impacting legislation in Trenton, NJ, in conjunction with NJPhA’s legislative committee
- Raising awareness in support of important bills at Legislative Day and other statewide events
- Attending social and networking events including +TONIC Rx and the NPN Reception at NJPhA’s Annual Convention
- Communicating your own subject matter expertise and successes through NPN’s social media presence
Interested in participating in a mentorship program?
- Student mentorship program: pairing new practitioners with final-year pharmacy students. NJPhA members interested in being a mentor, please click here. Mentees, please click here.
- Member mentorship program: pairing seasoned NJPhA members with new practitioner members. NJPhA members interested in being a mentor or mentee, please click here.
Meet some NPN members, witness their accomplishments, and hear what they are saying.
Brian Catton, PharmD. Mr. Catton founded the NJPhA’s NPN. In 2014, he was awarded NJPhA’s Pharmacists Mutual Distinguished Young Pharmacist Award. He frequently authors articles for PharmPsych.com. Read his latest article.
We are excited to build New Jersey's first new practitioner network. Join us!
Continuing Ed, Networking & More
See what’s happening in NJ
Join a Committee
Finance, political action & more