If you’re looking to obtain continuing education credits, meet local peers, or catch up on the status of pharmacy legislation that’s circulating the hallways of Trenton, the Events Calendar (below) is a great place to start.
The Calendar lists all the activities scheduled throughout the Association, including education programs, local meetings, and networking events. Come to an Association event—you’ll be glad that you did.
Bring the event to you – home study
If your schedule has you too busy to attend a program, why not bring the program to you?
In addition to what you see in the calendar below, NJPhA also povides an ever-expanding variety of programs available as online home studies.
- This event has passed.
Live Virtual CE: Pediatric Regulatory Framework for Drugs
November 2 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Note: NJPhA 2022 Convention attendees are pre-registered for this session.
Registered participants will receive login information and handouts one day prior to event.
Check spam if you do not receive the materials to the email address provided.
Live Virtual CE:
Date of Activity: Wednesday, November 2, 2022
1.5 Contact Hours or 0.15 CEUs
Audience: Pharmacists & Pharmacy Technicians
Faculty: Anita Siu, PharmD, BCPPS
This presentation will discuss regulations related to drugs for pediatric patients.
At the completion of this activity, the pharmacist will be able to:
- Identify pediatric laws and regulations for drugs
- Define off-label use, expanded access, risk evaluation and mitigation strategies,
orphan drugs, and emergency use authorization
- List institution and prescriber responsibilities for regulated category of drugs
- Explain examples of regulated medications in the pediatric population
At the completion of this activity, the pharmacy technician will be able to:
- List pediatric drug legislation
- Recognize the role of a multidisciplinary team to start a pediatric patient on regulated medications
- Identify examples of regulated medications in the pediatric population.